st: Rescaling

From   Cordula Stolberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Rescaling
Date   Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:24:21 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

Is there any way to rescale the constant in an OLS regression? I had to rescale one independent variable because the differences in the units of measurements caused huge standard errors in that variable. The rescaling solved the problem for that particular variable, but I have still the same problem of a very large coefficient and standard error for the intercept term. Is there any way to deal with this (what I would basically like to do is to multiply the constant by 1000)?

Thanks,
Cordula
*
* For searches and help try: