RE: st: Again-Unique Case ID in Large Panel

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Again-Unique Case ID in Large Panel
Date   Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:32:25 +0100

This is a question largely for StataCorp, but one mundane
answer is the need to list these patterns horizontally
on the monitor and in log files. Also, I doubt that anyone
is going to eyeball tables with several hundred
columns even if their monitor or printer paper is really big.
True, that some people have these "wide" panels, but
the mental capacity of users doesn't increase proportionally.

Michael Hanson