st: RE: Suggestion for an added graph feature

From   "Wallace, John" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Suggestion for an added graph feature
Date   Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:08:37 -0700

I haven't played much with the dialogs, but one thing I've found troublesome
is once you get a nice graph, if you copy the statement off into a .do file
somewhere and use it later, you cannot re-start interacting with that
statement via the drop-down menus.  It would be nice if you could "load" the
constructed graph command back into whatever Stata uses to populate the
fields in the dialogs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Wolfe [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 8:16 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Suggestion for an added graph feature

Often enough I find myself making ad hoc graphs, by which I mean graphs
that are not a part of a saved do or ado file. Sometimes I come back to
those graphs and want to alter something. However, the graph statement no
longer exists, and I may not even know which .dta file was used. Would it
be possible to have the graph program save such information? One way I have
been doing this, but it seems awkward, is to save a dta file with just the
variables I need, then attach the graph statement as a note.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or comments on this idea?

Fred