RE: st: Winsor by group

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Winsor by group
Date   Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:39:20 +0100

-winsor- doesn't support a -by()- option or -by:-.

Your options include rewriting it so that it does,

or

(say)

gen winsor = .
su year, meanonly
qui forval y = `r(min)'/`r(max)' {
	winsor response if year == `y', <winsor_options> gen(temp)
	replace winsor = temp if year == `y'
	drop temp
}

Neil Shephard replied to KK