Re: st: A question about long variable name

From   "Renzo Comolli" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: A question about long variable name
Date   Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:33:19 -0400

I am not able to give you a general answer, but if your question is linked
to a previous question of yours
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-06/msg00521.html
Then just add -display "`v'"- to your loop

foreach v of varlist _all {
	describe `v'
	display "`v'"
	summarize `v'
}

Best,
Renzo

----
*From   "Maoyong Fan" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: A question about long variable name
Date   Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:04:52 -0700

----

Dear Friends,

	Sometimes, I just need to use some downloaded stata data file.
After sum and des, I found some variables have long names and some part of
their name is abbreviated as ~.  How could I show the full name of a long
name variable in stata?  I have searched for an answer for a long time and
can not find a way out.

Warm regards,

Maoyong