st: How to get the variable name

From   "Maoyong Fan" <>
To   "statalist" <>
Subject   st: How to get the variable name
Date   Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:58:12 -0800

Dear Friends,

	I just wonder how can I get the list of varibale name automatically instead of looking at describe list.  If I can get the list of the variable name and store them into a local variable, I could use "foreach var in local var" to do data management on each variable.  Because I have do deal with more than 100 stata data files and do some data management for each data file.  Using loop will same a lot of time than do that manually.

Warm regards,

Maoyong Fan