st: biprobit

From   fatma bircan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: biprobit
Date   Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:26:18 +0300

Fatma Bircan
Middle East Technical University
Department of Economics
210-2032

Hi,
I try to estimate a double selection model for the labour force
participation (probit 1) and self-employement vs wage employement
choice (probit 2). I use biprobit command and the error message I get
is the following

  error  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Return code
2000
        no observations;
        You have requested some statistical calculation and there are
        no observations on which to perform it.  Perhaps you specified
        if exp or in range and inadvertently filtered all the data.

Obviously the number of observations for LFP is greater than the ones
who only choose b/w self-employement and wage-employement.

How should I specify my dependent variables so that both have the same
number of non-missing observations

Any help appriciated