st: Test for endogeneity in probit regressions

From   Axel Heitmueller <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Test for endogeneity in probit regressions
Date   06 Jul 2004 13:47:00 +0100

Hi there,

I suspect that I've an endogenous variable in a probit regression. In principal I could use a Durbin-Wu-Hausman test yet in the probit one naturally has only pseudo residuals and I'm not sure whether it works. Is there any alternative test for probit models? Also, ultimately I would like to use the xtprobit pa model and would need to test endogeneity in there as well.

Would be thankful for any ideas/recommendations

Many thanks

Axel

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other
action taken in reliance of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Department
for Work and Pensions.
If you have received this transmission in error, please use the reply function to tell us
and then permanently delete what you have received.
Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance
with our policy on the use of electronic communications.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free