st: RE: sample size in kolmgorov smirnoff tests of equality of distributions

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: sample size in kolmgorov smirnoff tests of equality of distributions
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:12:23 +0100

Beyond the obvious difficulty that you
have less information about the
second distribution, it is possible
to apply -ksmirnov- to such data.

However, I'd underline Rupert Miller's pithy critique of
Kolmogorov-Smirnov quoted within
[R] diagnostic plots. -qqplot- (also -ppplot-
from SSC) are graphical ways of comparing
such distributions.

Angelo Zago