Re: st: Re: What's off-topic for Statalist? (was How to calculateadjusted standard errors in Quattro Pro)

From   SamL <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: What's off-topic for Statalist? (was How to calculateadjusted standard errors in Quattro Pro)
Date   Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

I assume the people on statalist are able to recognize a general theory
when they see one.  Diffusion processes have been found in disease
transmission, the adoption of technologies (e.g., computer software), the
adoption of analytic techniques (e.g, multilevel models), the growing fame
of musical bands, the spread of a style of dance, and more.  Since we are,
or I am, talking about a diffusion process, it makes sense to draw insight
from other diffusion processes.  So, far from absurd, it is the absolutely
best thing to do to understand what might be going on; one should not be
taken aback by the particular substance of the example.

However, I agree, this thread has gone on quite long enough.  I will stand
down if you will.  :-)

Respectfully,

Sam