st: RE: Year dummies

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Year dummies
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:39:03 -0500

You need to include the year variables to get the coefficient estimates and
include an -if- qualifier to restrict the regression

regress y x1 x2 x3 year1 year2 year3 year4 if year < 5

Hope this helps,
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of peter harper
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 4:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Year dummies

Dear Statalist
I have a 18 years pooled cross sectional dataset. Can
anyone tell me how to obtain the correct number of
observations as shown on the output for only the first
4 years. For example, I tried

. regress y x1 x2 x3 year1-year4
. regress y x1 x2 x3 year1 year2 year3 year4

I do want the individual years shown in the regression
output (its coeffient value etc.). At the moment
running the above regressions, the observations are
shown as 25030, which is the 18 years observations.
But with
. regress y x1 x2 x3 if < = 5
does not show the individual years in the output with
its coefficients etc.
 If you need further clarification, please let me
know.

Thanks in advance

Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com