st: proceeding beyond roctab 2000 error msg

From   "Tonya Cropper" <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: proceeding beyond roctab 2000 error msg
Date   Mon, 31 May 2004 19:44:21 -0400

Dear Statlisters,

I am using the  roctab command (Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC)
analysis) and I get a
"outcome does not vary   r(2000) " error message.

I understand why I get the message.  I am performing the roctab command in a
three tier loop that includes various if statement conditions based on
different values of other variables.  I append observations to a file of
each resulting  std error and area.  To isolate and remove the
variables/conditions will cause me to forgo the loop and perform dozens of
roctab commands individually.  I would like to know is there any possible
way to proceed beyond the error message when the outcome does not vary?

Thank you,

Tonya