st: gamfit doesn't work

From   Christian Bieli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: gamfit doesn't work
Date   Sat, 22 May 2004 18:28:25 +0200

hello
I want to fit GAM's on my data, so I installed the gam ado and downloaded gamfit. gam seems to work well (it produces all the files needed by gamfit), but gamfit doesn't seem to work, because gam doesn't find the gamfits output file ($.out). I copied gamfit in the right directory, so that can't be the problem.
I have tried the manuals and faq, but du�dn't find anything.

Has somebody overcome this problem?

I'm using:
Stata 8.2
Windows 2000 Professional