st: RE: RE: Poisson estimators for space time series in Stata

From   "Joao Pedro W. de Azevedo" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Poisson estimators for space time series in Stata
Date   Fri, 14 May 2004 19:28:22 +0100

Hi,

If my understand is correct xtgee does not allow for cross-sectional
correlation, which might be a relevant issue if you are using spatial data.

In order to take that into account you would have to use either xtgls (if
N<T) or Timothy Conley's code, presented in his paper "GMM estimation with
cross sectional dependence" Journal of Econometrics (92), 1999, and
available for download from his website (try to "Google" his name). The
problem with both codes is they are not for count data.

My guess is that Stata does not have a straight forward solution for your
problem.

All the best,

JP