st: RE: Poisson estimators for space time series in Stata

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Poisson estimators for space time series in Stata
Date   Fri, 14 May 2004 11:06:24 -0500

How about -xtgee-?

Something like:
xtgee var1 var2, link(log) family(poisson) i(id) corr(ar1) t(time)

Scott

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chandy C John
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 9:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Poisson estimators for space time series in Stata

Are there any ado files or other programs that will allow Poisson estimators
for space time series in Stata? I have some rain and temperature data that I
wish to compare to malaria incidence over time, and with regular Poisson or
negative binomial regression, I face the problem of autocorrelation between
months of malaria incidence. I have done time series analysis with the ARIMA
command, but I am not sure if it is entirely appropriate for the relatively
small dataset I have (rain, temp, malaria cases over 36 months).

I have found a program within R that will do Poisson estimators for time
series (PESTS), but I'm not familiar enough with R to know how to input my
data. Does anyone know of any Stata programs that will incorporate moving
averages and autoregression into Poisson estimations?

Thanks,
Chandy John