Re: st: Stata Estimates to LaTeX Tables

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata Estimates to LaTeX Tables
Date   Tue, 11 May 2004 17:37:12 +0100

At 09:02 11/05/04 -0700, Fredrik Wallenberg wrote:
I went back and looked at your enduser document but must admit I don't see anything there that is useful to me. It doesn't look to me that I can use -listtex- to produce the tables I'm used to (basically the ones produced by outtex) where you get the significance mark next to the estimate and the standard errors in parenthesis below.

If I'm missing anything obvious, let me know.
You should be able to produce tables like you are used to by using -parmest- and -dsconcat-, followed by -tostring- to convert the estimates and SEs to string, followed by -replace- to add the parentheses to the SEs and the significance marks to the estimates, followed by -reshape, long- to put the parenthesised SEs below the estimates. The resulting resultsset can then be output using -listtex-. However, I myself have never done this, because, in the medical sector, most people prefer estimates with confidence limits, possibly followed by left-justified P-values to 2 significant figures (Stata format %-8.2g) if there is enough space.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

--
Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics

Tel: 020 7848 6648 International +44 20 7848 6648
Fax: 020 7848 6620 International +44 20 7848 6620
or 020 7848 6605 International +44 20 7848 6605
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not the institution.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/