st: ... out of the office

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: ... out of the office
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:26:16 +0100

Just a reminder, please: These "out of the office"
messages are, I trust it is clear, not appropriate
for Statalist.

If you forget about that, then don't be
surprised if you are removed from the
Statalist subscriber list. You'll just
need to rejoin (should you wish to do that).

Here's the pertinent section of the FAQ:

2.9 When you go on vacation

Please unsubscribe when you go on vacation.
Either your mail file may fill up, or your
message telling the list you are on vacation
will be broadcast. Both cause problems.

Some people use MS Outlook's Out-of-Office
Assistant when they go on vacation. Such replies
to Statalist are an abuse of the list and an
irritation to members. It is possible to make
use of the Out-of-Office Assistant and also
not to send Out-of-Office replies to lists like
Statalist. Please see
http://www.parisc-linux.org/mailing-lists/outlookooo.html.