st: About Cluster Analysis

From   Jon Ebeling <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: About Cluster Analysis
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:47:50 -0800

Can anyone direct me to a few articles or a book that takes a critical view of the methods in Cluster Analysis. It seems to me it is derived from the older form of positioning persons using Q sorts. Is this correct and if it is, what are the methodological problems in the use of Clustering methods?

Thanks, if you wish just send the items directly to me, unless you feel there are others who might be interested.

Jon S. Ebeling, Ph.D.,
Emeritus Professor of Political Science
CSU, Chico

*