st: Interpolation using cipolate

From   "joe J." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Interpolation using cipolate
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:39:17 +0000

Dear all,

A naive question. I just insalled cipolate to fill missing values for one variable. The documentation tells me that interpolation is done using two points before and two points after the missing value. That said, why is it that the procedure requires a second variable? In other words, for replacing missing values in variable y, why we need to include variable x in the command?

. cipolate y x, gen(yprime).

I am confused. Thanks for your advice.

Joe

Ready cash in just 72 hours. Apply Now !!! http://go.msnserver.com/IN/46922.asp