RE: st: Residuals in Logistic Regression

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Residuals in Logistic Regression
Date   Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:48:35 +0100

I'd put it this way: if you buy the Hosmer-Lemeshow
definition -- and in practice this only makes much
difference with categorical or discrete predictors --
then -logit-'s definition is the one to follow. If not,
go for -glm, link(logit)-. The difference may seem
fortuitous, in that different commands follow different
literatures, but there's no reason to use a small random
perturbation except for demonstration purposes, as here.

Richard Williams