st: How to attach multiple labels/notes to variables?

From   "de la Garza, Adrian" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How to attach multiple labels/notes to variables?
Date   Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:21:10 -0400

Hello Stata users!

Does anyone know how to attach multiple labels and notes to a dataset? Say I have the variables

country
year
inflation
reer
cpi
balance
budget
primary

and my data are organized as a panel by country and year... If I have another text file with all the variables and their corresponding labels, can I just export these contents to Stata so that it recognizes each separate label and attaches it to its corresponding variable?

The same question for notes (adding notes to each variable).

Thank you very much.

Adrian

<<winmail.dat>>