Re: st: Can someone tell me what is wrong with this legend command?

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Can someone tell me what is wrong with this legend command?
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:42:59 -0600 (CST)

Phil is right. The option he suggests (2) seems to place the legend in the
graph area, whereas (1) and (3) place it in the margin on the right. Can
someone explain why this is the case?

line  ged hs yob, legend(pos(3) col(1) lab(1  "Males") lab(2   "Females"))

line ged hs yob,  legend(pos(3))   legend(col(1))   legend(lab (1 "Males"))  legend(lab(2   "Females")) legend(ring(0))

line ged hs yob, legend(pos(3)) legend(col(1) lab(1  "Males") lab(2 "Females"))

DVM

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Philip Ryan wrote:

> The labels are arguments of the legend option.  Just omit the second right
> parenthesis after "col(1))" to include the labels within the argument space of
> legend:
>
> line le_m le_f year, legend(pos(3)) legend(col(1) lab(1  "Males") lab
> (2   "Females"))
>

> Phil
>

> Quoting Jon Ebeling <[email protected]>:
>
> > I tried to do the following command and option; it is straight out of
> > the graphics volume, page 379 of the Stata8 volumes. Here is what happened.
> >

> > . line le_m le_f year, legend(pos(3)) legend(col(1)) lab(1  "Males")
> > lab(2   "Females"))
> > option lab() not allowed
> > invalid syntax
> > r(198);
> >
> > If anyone can tell me what i"m donig wrong here, I would appreciate it.
> > Jon Ebeling
> >

> > *
> > *   For searches and help try:
> >

> --
> Philip Ryan
> Associate Professor
> Department of Public Health
>
> Associate Dean (IT)
> Faculty of Health Sciences
>
> Head, Data Management and Analysis Centre
> Department of Public Health and Department of General Practice
>
> University of Adelaide
> 5005 South Australia
> AUSTRALIA
> CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
> This email message is intended only for the addressee(s)
> and contains information that may be confidential and/or
> copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
> notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete
> this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email
> by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
> prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
> any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is
> recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.

Dimitriy V. Masterov

Work:
Center for Social Program Evaluation
1155 East 60th St. Room 038