Re: st: Can someone tell me what is wrong with this legend command?

From   Philip Ryan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Can someone tell me what is wrong with this legend command?
Date   Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:17:55 +1030

The labels are arguments of the legend option.  Just omit the second right
parenthesis after "col(1))" to include the labels within the argument space of
legend:

line le_m le_f year, legend(pos(3)) legend(col(1) lab(1  "Males") lab
(2   "Females"))

Phil

Quoting Jon Ebeling <[email protected]>:

> I tried to do the following command and option; it is straight out of
> the graphics volume, page 379 of the Stata8 volumes. Here is what happened.
>

> . line le_m le_f year, legend(pos(3)) legend(col(1)) lab(1  "Males")
> lab(2   "Females"))
> option lab() not allowed
> invalid syntax
> r(198);
>
> If anyone can tell me what i"m donig wrong here, I would appreciate it.
> Jon Ebeling

Philip Ryan
Associate Professor
Department of Public Health

Associate Dean (IT)
Faculty of Health Sciences

Head, Data Management and Analysis Centre
Department of Public Health and Department of General Practice

University of Adelaide
5005 South Australia
AUSTRALIA
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is