Re: st: OT: your favorite math equations editor

Subject   Re: st: OT: your favorite math equations editor
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:57:22 -0500

At 01:41 PM 3/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Greetings Statalist,

I have a collegue who teaches dynamic and thermodynamic meteorology at Ohio State University. His operating system is Micro$oft Win2000 (maybe Win98). He has been thinking about using Powerpoint to teach his classes, but his lectures involve deriving lots of equations and he does not have a good equation editor. This equation editor would also be used to generate equations in research articles for publication in meteorology journals.
When you say he "doesn't have a good equation editor" is he including the freebie version of mathtype that comes with Microsoft Office? It generally isn't installed by default; you have to explicitly select it during installation, and so a lot of people do not even realize it is there. I like it very much myself and I imagine the pro version Marcello mentions is even better. It may be that he just doesn't or won't like mathtype; but he should definitely check it out first if he doesn't already know that he has it.

Zillions of equations created with mathtype can be found in my handouts at

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/xsoc593/index.html

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227