st: how to perform GLS with 3 layers - country year industry?

From   "calvin ho" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to perform GLS with 3 layers - country year industry?
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:29:43 -0800

Dear stata experts,
I am working on a "3-layer (i, j, k)" panel dataset. In particular, the dataset has 3 layers, i= industry, j=year and k=country. it looks like:
ind1 year1 co1
ind1 year2 co1
ind2 year1 co1
ind2 year2 co1
ind1 year1 co2
ind1 year2 co2
ind2 year1 co2
ind2 year2 co2
I am using stata7 and want to correct for heteroasticity (within and across industry) and serial correlation (within industry AND country). Is there anyway I can do using stata. I could not use "xtgls y x1 x2, i(industry) t(year) p(c ) c(a )"
since there is only i and j, and j will not be unique within each industry (same year with different industries). Please advise.
Many Thanks!
Calvin

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN. http://msn.espn.go.com/index.html?partnersite=espn

*