RE: st: Problems with downloading the collinearity program from ADS

From   "Rivera, Semilla M." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Problems with downloading the collinearity program from ADS
Date   Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:22:17 -0600

Thanks, Richard.  I think I solved the problem.  I found the actual program do-file and copied it into a do editor window and ran it.  It looks like the program was downloaded successfully.

Anyone interested, the syntax can be found at:  http://ideas.repec.org/s/boc/bocode2.html ; click on COLDIAG: Stata module to perform BWK regression collinearity diagnostics

Thanks for responding.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Richard Williams [mailto:[email protected]]
	Sent: Mon 3/8/2004 7:49 PM
	To: [email protected]
	Subject: Re: st: Problems with downloading the collinearity program from ADS

	At 07:35 PM 3/8/2004 -0600, Rivera, Semilla  M. wrote:
	>Hello, I attempted to download this collinearity program from within STATA
	>by using the "findit collin" command and recieved this error message.  Any
	>suggestions on what I can do?
	>
	>Thanks, Semilla.
	>
	>package name:  collin.pkg
	>         from:  http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ado/analysis/
	>checking collin consistency and verifying not already installed...
	>installing into c:\ado\plus\...
	>could not rename c:\ado\plus\stata.trk to c:\ado\plus\backup.trk
	>r(699);

	You might just try downloading something else and see if the problem
	persists.  But, are you out of disk space?  See

	http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/statatmp.html

	Also, do you have write access to the C: drive? r(699) is an insufficient
	disk space error, but perhaps other problems can trigger it.  If you are
	out of space, I would delete some files you don't need.

	OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
	FAX:    (574)288-4373
	HOME:   (574)289-5227
	EMAIL:  [email protected]