RE: st: Why no sum of squared residuals in reg output after robust or cluster?

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Why no sum of squared residuals in reg output after robust or cluster?
Date   Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:09:10 -0000

Nick/Sam/Richard/et al.,

I think what Richard did can be reasonably described as "Fair Use".  According
to one website I've found (www.nolo.com - I need to make sure this quotation is
also "Fair Use"!),

"Research and scholarship -- for example, quoting a short passage in a
scholarly, scientific, or technical work for illustration or clarification of
the author's observations."

I think the description fits Richard's use of the paragraph in a Stata list
posting.  It doesn't matter if Richard typed it in by hand or used a scanner.

Cheers,
Mark