Re: st: Automate ado file

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Automate ado file
Date   Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:48:12 -0500

I assume that the update of the datafile is not done by Stata? If it were, then whatever .do or .ado file that does the update could end with a command to call you .ado that you currently run in the morning.

If the process that updates the data is called from a batch file, maybe the batch file could have a command at the end that calls stata and directs it to run the .ado.

But if the data update is done by someone else, and just "appears" at some time, then, maybe you could use an operating system scheduling program to run Stata nd the .ado file at some appropriately late (or early morning) time. In windows the Task Scheduler or somesuch should be able to do that; others can speak for other O/S.

--Nick WInter