st: Re: Re: Serial Correlation in system estimator

From   "Jan Pettersson" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Re: Serial Correlation in system estimator
Date   Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:23:34 +0100

Thanks a lot, I guess this will work. However, I have an additional
problem...
My system has the following form:
EP =  a10 + a11*X + a12*Z + a13*A
EA = a20 + a21*X + a22*Z + a23*A
EO = a30 + a31*X + a32*P
RV  =  a40 + a41*X + a42*P

Data is now in wide format. As I understand it, I must reshape data into
long. In order to "tag" e.g. X to all dependent vars, would it be correct to
first make three "copys" of this variable (as well as one copy of Z, A, and
P) before reshape? I am thinking of:

rename EP dep1

rename EA dep2

rename EO dep3

rename RV dep4

rename X indeA1

rename Z indeB1

rename A indeC1

rename P indeD1

gen indeA2 = indeA1

gen indeA3 = indeA1

gen indeA4 = indeA1
etc.

and then:
reshape long dep indeA indeB indeC indeD, i(year) j(id)

But clearly, there must be a better way of doing this... Any help
appreciated.
All best,
Jan