st: xi3 command

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xi3 command
Date   Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:53:42 -0800

Greetings
  I am not sure why this did not work, but I suspect you might have an
older version of "xi3" since it still had the "experimental version"
message. I would recommend downloading the latest version via "findit
xi3" and being sure to get the version from the UCLA ATS web site since
I am sure that is the most recent version.  By the way, I made an
analogous example as shown below that seemed to work.

. use http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/notes/hsb2
(highschool and beyond (200 cases))

. xi3: glm race i.female*i.schtyp*i.prog , family(poisson) link(log)
i.female          _Ifemale_0-1        (naturally coded; _Ifemale_0
omitted)
i.schtyp          _Ischtyp_1-2        (naturally coded; _Ischtyp_1
omitted)
i.prog            _Iprog_1-3          (naturally coded; _Iprog_1
omitted)

  Please let me know if this works, but most importantly if it does not!

Best regards,

Michael Mitchell
Statistical Consulting Group
UCLA Academic Technology Services