st: combined graphs have y-title and y-axis squashed together

From   Elizabeth Bruch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: combined graphs have y-title and y-axis squashed together
Date   Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:32:25 -0800

Dear Stata users,

I want to create 4 twoway line graphs, and then combine them into single graph. Each individual graph looks fine. However, when I combine them I discover that the y-labels and the y-title are squashed together. Instead of using the y-title, I tried using the l1title. This helped a bit, but did not solve the problem.

Does anyone know what's going on? It seems like the graphs are getting squashed in the "combine" command. Below is my combine command (I already tried scaling down the graphs)..

graph combine whitestay.gph asianstay.gph blackstay.gph hispstay.gph, imargin(t t t t) iscale(*.9)

I think I need to put a gap between the y-axis and the y-title, but I'm not sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Elizabeth
*
* For searches and help try: