st: RE: Migrating from TextPad to ____ as editor

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Migrating from TextPad to ____ as editor
Date   Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:21:08 -0000

This is a difficult one; really only people
with a lot of experience with both editors
can comment much, and indeed I suspect that Patrick
is already very well informed about both. Also,
the almost inevitable temptation just to recommend
the editor one uses and likes is not necessarily
pertinent to Patrick's specific needs.

I can only usefully comment on one question --
as a Vim enthusiast but not an expert --
that on syntax highlighting. I use a single
file for Vim compiled by Jeff Pitblado; it
helps enormously and I have never felt tempted
to tinker with it. But no doubt it would be
an invaluable start for anyone who wanted to tweak
it.