Re: st: sts graph bug

From   [email protected] (Jean Marie Linhart, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sts graph bug
Date   Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:25:53 -0600

Bill Dupont and Roger Harbord have recently discussed
-sts graph- with the -tmin- option.

(e.g.
   . sysuse cancer, clear
   . stset age, failure(died)
   . sts graph
   . sts graph, tmin(55)
)

As they have discussed, currently the survival graph starts at the
origin (_t = 0) with the -tmin- option, and shows a survival function
equal to one (or -per- if the -per option is specified) until time
-tmin-.  At time -tmin- it then drops as if all the failures
preceding time -tmin- occurred at time -tmin- and then proceeds to
plot the remainder of the survival function.  This is misleading and
should be considered a bug -- the axes should show the range of the
entire survival curve but the actual plot should start at the time
specified via -tmin-.  I have already changed -sts graph- to do this,
and I expect this fix to be available in the next ado-file update.

--Jean Marie