Re: st: Greenwood's confidence bands for survival plots

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Greenwood's confidence bands for survival plots
Date   Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:40:10 -0600

Dupont, William <[email protected]> asks about options that affect
the confidence intervals in -sts graph-:

> An elegant feature of v8 graphs is the ability to display confidence
> bands as shaded regions.  This feature does not appear to be available
> with the -sts graph- command using the -gwood- option.  Also the default
> color of the greenwood confidence interval lines is light gray.  Is it
> possible to
>
> 1. modify the color of the greenwood confidence bands,
> 2. display these confidence bands as a shaded region rather than as two
> lines?
>
> If either of these features exist I would be grateful for a reference in
> the manuals.  I have not been able to find them.

-sts graph- has the -ciopts()- option that controls the look and feel of the
confidence bands.  For example, we can use -recast()- to change bands from
-rline- to -rarea-, and change the color from the defualt to yellow:

	. sysuse cancer, clear
	. stset study died
	. sts graph, ciopts(recast(rarea) acolor(yellow))

--Jeff