Re: st: Windows/Mac file recognition

From   Jesper Sorensen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Windows/Mac file recognition
Date   Fri, 26 Dec 2003 15:38:42 -0500

It's not a Mac/Windows thing but a version issue. You can save your Stata 8 dataset in version 7 format using -saveold-. Your colleague with Stata 7 can then save it as version 6 format if necessary.

//Jesper

I'm working with Stata 8.0 for Mac, and two collegues
have Stata 6.0 for Windows and Stata 7.0 for Windows.
 Each data file I send to them is not recognized as a
Stata file by their versions of Stata, so they cannot
open the files.

How can I send .dta files to them so that their
versions of Stata recognize and properly open the
files?

With thanks,
Stephanie McWhorter

Stephanie McWhorter