st: RE: Quintiles, Quartiles and Tertiles anyone!!!

From   Zoue Lloyd Wright <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Quintiles, Quartiles and Tertiles anyone!!!
Date   Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:57:18 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Help,

Sorry to ask, but I am really stuck and desperate and have
an overdue Thesis to hand in.

Main Question:

Is it possible to quintile, quartile or Tertile data
By this I mean

I have 200 patients with approximately 20 to 30 sets of
variables that I wish to examine in respect of each other
using quintiles, quartiles or tertiles, to represent one
set as THE INDEPENDENT VARIABLE and compare it with the
other sets as DEPENDENT VARIABLES and statistically compare
the resulting quintiles with each of the dependent
variables.

In addition to this I would like to perform an AGE
ADJUSTMENT on the above variables, since this will also
effect there relationship to the independent variable.

Thankyou if anyone can help and make it very user friendly
I will be eternally grateful

Zou�

PS. Firstly can I update Stata 5.0 from the Internet to
either version 6.0, 7.0 or 8.0?

----------------------
Zou� Lloyd-Wright
Nutrition and Dietetics Department,