Re: st: bstrap

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: bstrap
Date   Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:21:24 +0900

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but wouldn't it be

post `1' (r(rho) - `y')

and not

post `1' (`r(rho)' - `y') ?

Joseph Coveney

Patrick Sturgis wrote:

I am using the following program to obtain the 95% confidence interval
around the difference between 2 average correlations, obtained via the alpha
command.

program define avcorwithin
  version 7.0
  if "`1'" == "?" {
  global S_1 "avcorwithin"
  exit
  }
  tempname y
  alpha bef*
  scalar `y' = r(rho)
  alpha aft*
 post `1' (`r(rho)'-`y')
 end

When I run this, I do not receive any error messages but receive the
following output, which suggest that no bootstrapping is being done:

. bstrap avcorwithin, reps(2000)
(obs=224)

Bootstrap statistics

Variable    Reps   Observed Bias   Std. Err.   [95% Conf. Interval]

avcorwithin       0          .  .          .            .         .  (N)
      .         .  (P)

N = normal, P = percentile, BC = bias-corrected

A diagnosis of my problem will be very gratefully received,

Patrick

Dr Patrick Sturgis
Department of Sociology
University of Surrey