st: RE: No need for loops?

From   "de la Garza, Adrian" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: No need for loops?
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:14:32 -0500

Nick,

This is very insightful. I don't understand, however, what the _n<12
does. Can you please clarify? I don't know why, for instance, if for a
country my -ratio- variable is not populated (all missing values) but
-program- does have 1s now and then, why -prev12- gets a missing value
when -program- = 1 but -next12- gets a 0 (when it should be missing,
too)?

Also, below you wrote:

> by country: replace next12 = . if pronext12 | _n < 12

This should be

  by country: replace next12 = . if pronext12 > 0 | _n < 12

right?

Thanks again.
Adrian