st: Bug report: Stata crashes when inserting dataset with missingdata via ODBC.

From   Michael Ingre <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Bug report: Stata crashes when inserting dataset with missingdata via ODBC.
Date   Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:20:14 +0100

Dear StataCorp and Statalist

I have a problem when trying to insert data via an ODBC connection.

. odbc insert _all, t(table) dsn(myodbcconnection) create

When the above command is executed the first 4 rows of data is inserted into
the table. Then Stata crashes (exits to the OS) and has to be restarted.

The first 4 rows contains complete data and the fifth row has one cell with
missing data.  If I enter a value in the cell with missing data and try
again, 10 more rows will be inserted into the database, again crashing on
the first row with missing data.

The problem seems to be related to missing data. Other ODBC functions seems
to be working fine (as far as I know): list, query, load

My system config is:

Stata       ver 8.2 31 Oct 2003
Mac OS X    ver 10.2.8 (6R73)
MySQL       ver 4.15