Re: st: Date/time and "log close" after error message

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Date/time and "log close" after error message
Date   Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:59:47 -0600

CM's point, that errors may occur long after starting the program, illustrates a difficulty with current debugging methods: you have to have some idea where the program failed to efficiently turn on trace. Most often you do, but sometimes you do not. High on my wish list for Stata is the ability to have a program that produce an error optionally display the line or line # where the program fails or to turn on trace at the previous line.

Fred Wolfe