st: automating multiple graphs to be exported from a do file

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: automating multiple graphs to be exported from a do file
Date   Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:14:06 +0000

Hello Statalisters,

Win98se, Stata 8.2.

I have thought about this problem but quite happy with the status quo at the moment. So if no solution I am ok but would like to hear any offer of advice/help.

Do-file:

Blah
Blah
Blah
gr blah blah
graph export filename1.wmf

Bloh
Bloh
Bloh
gr bloh bloh
graph export filename2.wmf

Blih
Blih
Blih
gr blih blih
graph export filename3.wmf

Bluh
Bluh
Bluh
gr bluh bluh
graph export filename_n.wmf

So, right now I only have 12 graphs to produce. So in my do-file I don't mind cutting, pasting, and naming the graph in increments. I can imagine though that if I have a bit more to do, it might be more efficient to write ala Nick (Cox)'s one (or two liners) to automate this task. At the moment this is beyond me and I do not know whether this can be done e.g. using for val stuffs.

By the way, the routines above the individual graph command are all different.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
bw

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free parking. http://shopping.msn.com