st: RE: RE: RE: Multiple labels?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: Multiple labels?
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:31:37 -0000

This I take to be a reference to StataCorp's FAQs.

StataCorp maintain a what's new page:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/whatsnew.html

In my experience, all new FAQs and all major
revisions are documented on this page.

In addition, if you keep up-to-date with -update-,
then

. search <keyword>

will find FAQs associated with a keyword. In
practice, there is more benefit to be had from
being aware that the FAQs include substantial
guidance -- there are now a few hundred FAQs
on the StataCorp website -- so that you can -search-
for help -- than in keeping an eye out for
what happens to be new. (Things don't go out of date
that quickly.)

In addition, UCLA in particular maintain
a splendid set of FAQs and other material
on Stata, which -- although outwith "official"
Stata -- is also accessible through -search-.