Re: st: Another manual idea

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Another manual idea
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:24:24 -0000 (GMT)

Not a  bad idea at all, if the v7 and v8 manuals are generally
congruent... :)

C.

> Statalisters
>
> Has Stata Corp considered releasing version 7 manuals at little or no
> cost?  Perhaps pdf manuals could be provided to anyone with a valid
> Stata7 or Stata8 license.  I would guess that the commercial value of
> Stata7 manuals today must be quite low, so Stata Corp would be giving up
> very little revenue by distributing these manuals in this way.  On the
> other hand, there are many students throughout the world for whom the
> cost of Stata8 manuals is high.  Providing Stata7 manuals at little cost
> might even increase overall Stata revenues by increasing the total
> number of Stata users.
>
> Bill Dupont

Yours,
CLIVE NICHOLAS,
Politics Building,
School of Geography, Politics and Sociology,
University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne,
Newcastle-upon-Tyne,
NE1 7RU,
United Kingdom.