Re: st: yellow dog linux on an Apple?

From   "Patrick McLeod" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: yellow dog linux on an Apple?
Date   Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:28:17 -0600

I apologize to the list. I had not made it to the coffee kiosk yet when I wrote my earlier post.

In retrospect my statement isn't correct. Depending on your Apple, Stata for the Mac should work. Earlier I was not thinking properly and forgot the blinding fact that system architecture will always trump OS architecture in cases like this.

Definitely one to check with the folks at Stata before attempting.

Regards,
Patrick McLeod

>>> [email protected] 11/14/03 10:08AM >>>
Good Morning Chris,

We've got an older Apple in our office running Yellow Dog with SPSS for Mac. To my knowledge, since SPSS doesn't support a linux version we haven't done a comparison.

Given the basic structure of any *inx operating system I don't see why Stata for linux won't work with Yellow Dog.

I'd be certain to get the final word from Stata before porting a production machine over to Yellow Dog, though.

Good luck,

Patrick McLeod
ACS Research Consultant
University of North Texas