Re: st: Data manipulation question

Subject   Re: st: Data manipulation question
Date   Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:12:37 -0500

At 10:00 AM 11/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:

Dear listers.

I have discovered errors in my dataset, and it seems some of my data are recorded in the wrong variable. The variable the data should have been recorded as, is left missing. A few examples: (Missing values marked as "")
My advice isn't real helpful, but how big is the dataset? For one-shot tasks, I've found more than once that it is easier and more reliable just to do things by hand than to try to write a complicated program to do things for me. If it is a few hundred records, it wouldn't seem that hard to hand-fix, if several thousand then a program becomes more worth the trouble.

Richard Williams, Associate Professor
OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227