st: Stata syntax with GVIM

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata syntax with GVIM
Date   Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:33:46 -0600 (CST)

Dear Statalist,

I am trying to integrate the stata.vim syntax file with the gvim text
editor for Windows, but I am having trouble getting Stata to show up on
the list of supported filetypes. I put the file  in the syntax folder with
all the other .vim files. Ideally I would like the syntax highlighting to
work automatically whenever I open a .do or .ado file, but I am not sure
how to get this to work. The excellent discussion of vim at

http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html#vim

does not provide any guidance with this, my search of statalist
archives has come up dry and the VIM manual does not mention this problem.
If anyone has encountered this issue before, I would be most grateful.

DVM

Dimitriy V. Masterov

Work:
Center for Social Program Evaluation