st: Stata --> PDFLaTeX, or, when will we get a PDF translator?

From   "David Epstein" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata --> PDFLaTeX, or, when will we get a PDF translator?
Date   Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:24:57 -0500

I work with PDFLaTeX for my word processing, which can only take .jpg,
.pdf, .png, and .tif figure files as input. Thus the only overlap with
the picture formats that Stata exports to is .png, which comes out too
grainy for publication-quality use.

My current work around is to export to Postscript, Distill to PDF, and
then manually edit the PDF to strip out the white space, etc.

I'd much prefer a one-step (or even a two-step) approach. Has anyone
else found a quicker solution? Even better, when will Stata for Windows
have a PDF translator like the Mac version does now?

Thanks for any help,

David Epstein