RE: st: Stata do-file Editor - sea-sickness effect

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata do-file Editor - sea-sickness effect
Date   Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:43:37 -0000

I agree strongly with Uli, as might be expected
if you look at the URL cited.

One simple point: the most developed text editors
in existence are of the same order of complexity --
and more crucially, of the same order of
versatility -- as Stata itself. Stata Corp's
aims in developing the do-file editors are merely
to provide a convenient and integrated simple
editor for small and moderate tasks, in which
aim I think they have succeeded. I certainly
use it myself, but not for developing Stata programs.

Ulrich Kohler