st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Making bar charts readable in a grayscale photocopy.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Making bar charts readable in a grayscale photocopy.
Date   Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:44:44 -0000

There is a Stata 6 implementation of this idea
on SSC as -tabplot-. In essence I share some of
Lee's doubts about the effectiveness
of such graphs. As far as I can recall I got some way
with a Stata 8 translation before getting diverted
by something else.

I'd play with two panels for (a) the dominant category
and (b) the minority categories. That would allow
different scales, which seem essential here, or nearly
so, to see both the large and the small.