st: uncertain explanatory variable

From   Emma Hawe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: uncertain explanatory variable
Date   Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:14:49 +0100

Dear All,

I have a very general question, which I am hoping there is a standard answer to.

I am hoping to fit regression models (with both binary and continuous outcomes), but for some of the individuals there is uncertainty (which is quantified) in their explanatory variable, for example individual i may be x1 wp. 0.5 x2 wp 0.25 and x3 wp 0.25. I wonder if there is a standard way to deal with this, my initial thought was to incorportate the probabilities with some kind of weighting strategy (maybe some adaptation of fweights or pweights in stata), but I am not sure if this is a common problem an/or solution.

Any help or suggested references would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards and many thanks
Emma

*
* For searches and help try: